Thread: nvidia gt745 cannot install driver

Beans

nvidia gt745 cannot install driver

i've been install the nvidia driver for my laptop quite a bit and ended with same result: when i reboot my laptop it just show a purple screen and nothing happen because i don't know what to do so i just reinstall the ubuntu 3 times in my ext. HDD is there anything that i can do beside reinstall the ubuntu? and maybe i need bumblebee? to do the job because i have intel HD and gt 745 to save battery when i just want to browsing internet.. thanks

Beans

Re: nvidia gt745 cannot install driver

bump

Beans

is there anything wrong with the nvidia or the laptop itself? because i need the nvidia for testing the usb-underpowered problem, thank you

Beans

You have intel/nvidia hybrid graphics (Optimus). You can't just install nvidia drivers directly or you will bork the intel driver. See: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bumblebee
    I was reading a book about Genghis Khan when I made my account and I empathized with aspects of his life. It doesn't mean I want to kill everyone. You're taking the interweb too seriously. I'm trying to help you, seriously. Use the eye test.