Thread: vlc mute after seeking forward or backward

Beans

vlc mute after seeking forward or backward

I am experiencing a similar problem as reported here https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...lc/+bug/696841
    When seeking backward or forward by dragging the progress bar vlc becomes muted. But it my case this only happens with some bluray ripped (hd 720 or 1080p) MKVs,--it doesn't happen for all videos like that, but quite a few. I don't experience this with Smplayer or mpv for the same samples.

Vlc 2.1.3 self compiled on Ubuntu 13.10.

Wonder if this happens in the official build (2.0.8?) or the developmental version (Andrew.46's comments would be greatly appreciated)

Edited: Have tried setting audio output to pulseaudio, automatic and alsa, makes no difference.
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; February 26th, 2014 at 08:06 AM.

Beans

Re: vlc mute after seeking forward or backward

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    Wonder if this happens in the official build (2.0.8?) or the developmental version (Andrew.46's comments would be greatly appreciated).
    I am not much help here as I cannot reproduce the problem which looks like it has popped up in one incarnation or other for several years, going from the bug report . I see a brief but tense exchange in that bug report with Rémi Denis-Courmont which is a little unfortunate as he is one of the vlc developers...
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

The problem appears to have disappeared after upgrading to vlc 2.1.4.

Beans

I have this problem, on different computers, and VLC version is 2.1.4. The workaround is to disable and reenable the audio track. no durable solution so far.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: vlc mute after seeking forward or backward

Quote Originally Posted by geoffmen View Post
    I have this problem, on different computers, and VLC version is 2.1.4. The workaround is to disable and reenable the audio track. no durable solution so far.
    I agree - having seen this problem ongoing for a while now, I also go to Audio>Audio Track>disable and then re-enable, this works far better than seeking back and forth in order to get the audio back.