Thread: Is there a way to make security systems secure from hackers?

Beans

Is there a way to make security systems secure from hackers?

Hi
    I wanted to know if getting a wired CCTV kit or if it is better to go for this wireless cctv camera kit for my home. I did want to get a wired kit where it would connect to the internet but I am worried cleaver intruders will be able to hack into my system to see what I can see when I view my cameras. The wireless cctv kit connect the cameras wirelessly the dvr monitor which is great, so that I can hide the DVR, so that if a intruder comes in, they wont be eble to follow the cabling to find it. Although it cannot go online.

I was really wanting to ask for advice, as I really want to go for the wired system as I can then pick and choose the cameras, as I really like to have a face recognition camera so that picture of faces are taken when someone walks in and pays by card. As we recently had someone come in to pay for an item using their card and phone the bank to say it wasnt them in the shop. But also the main thing that really puts me off wired cctv kit is that someone might be able to hack into my system and watch me and my staff to see what our habits are, where we put thing etc... before breaking in. Would this be possible for them to do? If so is ther a way to protect myself.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Is there a way to make security systems secure from hackers?

Thread moved to Security Discussions.