Thread: Many problems in hybrid ATI/Intel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Many problems in hybrid ATI/Intel

Hello everyone! I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 64bit on my HP DV7 with an ATI Mobility Radeon and an integrated Intel. I have followed many guides but I always obtain errors when I try to install proprietary drivers.

I installed all kind of drivers, repository, ATI's site, betas and so on. The last tentative was a sudo apt-get install fglrx fglrx-pxpress and then a sudo aticonfig --initial -f.
    When I rebooted the system, I got the usual lowgraphic mode (it doesn't even work fine). I switched console and erased the xorg.conf file. Rebooting the system again, I got stuck in LightDM pretending to insert my password, but it was totally useless. GDM doesn't work since I got bootloop for 15 minutes or more, erasing Xauthority causes my system to give me black screen. Removing fglrx is the only solution to revert the situation. I really need your help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Many problems in hybrid ATI/Intel

Anyone?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Sorry, but Hybrid/Switchable graphics is a serious problem in Linux due to the lack of specialized drivers.

If you want to read up on the details, see the link: http://askubuntu.com/questions/20511.../288355#288355
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

OK, I will try this guide too. I hope it's good for Ubuntu 13.10 too since it has newer packages.