Thread: Change nickname

Beans

Change nickname

Hey there,

As you can see, my nickname is "mmf2"... Apparently, there's already a user named "mmf". I think it might be me.. I might have created an account named "mmf" and forgot about it.. I tried searching for the user, to see if he's active and apparently he never posted anything (atleast I can't find it).

Is it possible, to either:

- Change my nickname to mmf (and "his" nickname to mmf2, since he's not active)

- Restore his password? I ask this because I have access to all my old e-mails. If it is in fact my account, I'll receive the password change in an e-mail.

Best regards,
    mmf

Beans

Re: Change nickname

Hello,

I've moved your post to the Resolution Centre.

If mmf is not your account, then no, you can't have it.

If mmf is your account, you need to set your preferred SSO email address to match the email used to register the mmf account.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Restore his password? I ask this because I have access to all my old e-mails. If it is in fact my account, I'll receive the password change in an e-mail.
    vBulletin passwords are no longer used.

What I have done is sent an e-mail to the account associated with mmf, if it is you're account then you will know what address to change SSO to.

Once changed then let us know and we can finish disassociating.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    vBulletin passwords are no longer used.

What I have done is sent an e-mail to the account associated with mmf, if it is you're account then you will know what address to change SSO to.

Once changed then let us know and we can finish disassociating.
    Hey Elfy.. Thanks for the help, but sadly, none of my accounts received the e-mail... I really thought it could be my username.. Oh well, guess I'll be the ugly duck in the forum!

Beans

I think I might try to send an e-mail to that user, asking him to give me his username.. Is there a way to search for user? or am I only able to search for topics/posts?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

We will not change someone else's username for you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

If you want to change your username to something other than mmf2 then please read http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1178721

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    We will not change someone else's username for you.
    Yes I know, that would be unfair for mmf's real owner. I really thought it was my account.