Thread: Xubuntu

Beans

Xubuntu

What can I say, been testing it for a few days with no problems. I'm surprised how fast it is compared to some of the other flavours.

Beans

Re: Xubuntu

I always use Xubuntu when the normal desktop variants are too borked during the development cycle, right now I run Xubuntu on two machines. One with all the extra Gnome3 PPA:s and one with official repos. Actually the one with the Gnome3 ppa:s feel more slick even though it's a way lesser machine

A lot of things where borked recently, one of the more eventful development cycles lately, still I am able to keep one box running as a server and I am building software on booth(Android stuff)!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Been running well with 3.14rc2...actually it's been 100% smooth for the entire cycle...
    cheap hardware....LOTS of it

Beans

I've been running Xubuntu 14.04 for a few days now and haven't had big issues (I couldn't install my printer, but Sammiev fixed my problem).

I don't like how the "Don't ask for a password on login" works though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mmf2 View Post
    I've been running Xubuntu 14.04 for a few days now and haven't had big issues (I couldn't install my printer, but Sammiev fixed my problem).

I don't like how the "Don't ask for a password on login" works though.
    If you mean you still have to press the "Enter" key, you are correct.