Hi, I'm trying to get my Toshiba Satellite C800 laptop to display via HDMI cable on my Samsung LA26C TV, Grub and booting and my password entry show OK on the TV, but when it reaches Desktop, I see only Precise's launcher and the destop background; none of my saved icons show up and if I try to launch any programme, it doesn't show on the TV, only on the laptop's screen.

Meanwhile my HDMI cable and Samsung TV display fine when I go through the same procedure with the same Precise 12.04 on my ACER netbook, tolerably fine from the Windows partition on my Toshiba Satellite, and fine too from my Android,

I've played around in Settings -> Displays, selecting the Samsung TV instead of LAPTOP, but without any improvement. I've also tried installing ATI binary X org driver, but that's made no difference either so I'm wondering if I shouid remove it.

Another possibly related issue with 12.04.3 is that I'm unable to control screen brightness with Function keys or Control + Function keys. Unlike my above issue though, this applies to both the laptop screen and the TV screen and also to the 12.04.3 on my ACER netbook.

Appreciate any suggestions.