Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to play Facebook games ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Beans

Unable to play Facebook games ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I am finally running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS . But when I start up a Facebook game, The game starts up, but the game screen itself is squeezed horizontally into a rectangle, with green and purple colors . According to me it's the flash player making a serious error, but there's no error message mentioned .

I allready did a complete re-install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, hoping this would be solved, but it's the same . Can anybody please help me with this ?
    Last edited by Hankbonk; February 12th, 2014 at 09:48 PM.

Beans

Re: Unable to play Facebook games ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Well I don't play FB games but I heard they need up to date flash. If that is the case FF probably wouldn't work as Linux flash will be stuck in version 11.2 since adobe has decided to kill it except for security updates til 2017. So, the easy way to get up to date flash would be to install Chrome (adobe has a deal with google which will continue to bundle up to date flash for Linux but only through Chrome)

Beans

I really appreciate your answer monkeybrain20122 : Before I re-installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, I remember that Chrome was allready installed by my friend . I will install Chrome now, and I am confident that it will work there !

Beans

I have installed Chrome Web Browser, but starting a game has the same result as in FireFox ! Do I have to install the chrome flash plugin, and how do I do that ?

Beans

It should be automatic, I'm surprised it doesnt work. Are you able to play flash games on other sites, such as this one?: http://armorgames.com/play/4071/warfare-1944

Beans

Dear Turnips, I tried .../warfare-1944 in FireFox and it makes the same error : The content is squeezed together horizontally in a green and purple rectangle, with no functionality at all !

Beans

Both Chrome and FireFox use the same flash player : Adobe Shockwave version : 11.2 r202 .

Beans

Well for Chrome you may need to disable flash 11.2. Go to about://plugins on the url bar, then click "details" and scroll down to Adobe Flash. You will find two entries. One is 11.2 and the other is pepper flash 12 (?), disable flash 11.2.

Beans

monkeybrain, there is nothing like "pepper flash" on the plugins display !

Beans

Hi, you have to click "Details" on the right end of the top row on the plugin page to expand it first. Then you will see something like the screenshot (I have 3 entries as I have installed pipelight's flash as well, but you should see two) Then disable flash 11.2 and enable flash 12.0r0 (location /opt/google/chrome/Pepperflash/libpepflashplayer.so)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast