Thread: Account issue

Beans

Account issue

I thought I had logged in correctly in order to contribute a reply to a forum thread as I was able to click on 'Reply to Thread' and compose a message. When I clicked to post the message however, I received a vBulletin message that the admin required me to register, which seems weird, as far as I could tell I was already logged in via SSO.

May or may not be related, the time zone at the very bottom of the page had me as being GMT+1, which is incorrect as I am very definitely GMT=GMT.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Account issue

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishElectricAndy View Post
    May or may not be related, the time zone at the very bottom of the page had me as being GMT+1, which is incorrect as I am very definitely GMT=GMT.
    Yes, that is significant. I've checked your profile and your timezone is indeed GMT. However, if you are logged out, the time given at the bottom of the page is GMT+1.

Are you sure you didn't log out (possibly accidentally) from the forum from another browser tab before you tried to post? If you don't refresh the tab with the message editor, it appears that you are still logged in, and you then get the message you describe when you try to post.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.