Thread: Javac Issues

Beans

Javac Issues

I need to be able to compile .java files.
    When I run javac hello.java the file cannot be found. I've saved the file into my home folder inside a folder called test. Do I need to create a path with javac to this folder? I will be saving all my .java/.class files there. How would I do this?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Javac Issues

Which file is not found. hello.java? What is the current directory when you start javac?
    Warning: unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.

Beans

hello.java is not found.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

So what is your current directory when you invoke javac and what are its contents?
    Warning: unless noted otherwise, code in my posts should be understood as "coding suggestions", and its use may require more neurones than the two necessary for Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V.

Beans

Make sure you navigate to the .java file when using javac in the command prompt! Use
    the keyword "cd" to navigate, for example if I would have the .java file in C:\Java\helloworld.java, I would open up cmd.exe and type "cd C:\Java", then type "javac helloworld.java"