Thread: Trusty, Dell 3537, AMD Radeon HD 8670M misery

Beans

Lightbulb Trusty, Dell 3537, AMD Radeon HD 8670M misery

I just had a week of misery trying to get Precise and Saucy running on this machine which I purchased on the basis of the certified hardware guide. Finally resolved by using the Trusty alpha and the AMD driver beta as described here -

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2204332

So far so good. Just one quirk - the initial Unity login screen accepts no keyboard input. The workaround is to loging as guest, then switch back to your account. You can then login normally.

Just FYI.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Trusty, Dell 3537, AMD Radeon HD 8670M misery

Quote Originally Posted by felgro View Post
    So far so good. Just one quirk - the initial Unity login screen accepts no keyboard input. The workaround is to loging as guest, then switch back to your account. You can then login normally.
    That will work, but if you just click on the language icon on the top panel at the login screen, the password field should become active and allow you to log in.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post
    That will work, but if you just click on the language icon on the top panel at the login screen, the password field should become active and allow you to log in.
    Indeed it does. The obvious is always hardest to see.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by felgro View Post

Just FYI.
    This happened to me with Intel machines, too.