Thread: Problem Trying to Install

Beans

Problem Trying to Install

Hello, I'm new to the forum so I'm not exactly sure how this all works. But anyways, I'll give it a shot.

So a couple weeks back I tried to install ubuntu version 13.10 on my HP ENVY 15t-j000 laptop. I created a bootable flash drive and set all of the options in my computer's BIOS to what I had read online and from glancing through the forums here. It worked partly. It would load the grub bootloader, however, whenever I would select the option to try ubuntu before installing the screen would simply go blank...no backlight or anything. It would just sit like this not responding. So my question is this: how do I solve this problem so that I am able to install ubuntu onto my machine.

Oh, and just so you know, my system currently is running Windows 8.1 pro if that makes any difference for the question. Also, I was attempting to install ubuntu onto my computer so that my machine could be dual booted. I had created a partitition in windows for ubuntu prior to trying to install as well.

Thank you for the help everyone.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my computer has both the intel integrated graphics as well as a nvidia graphics card. I had read somewhere that nvidia graphics card could be the problem so I thought I should mention this.
    Last edited by atstarke; February 8th, 2014 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Forget to include information

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Problem Trying to Install

Check
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI

Switchable graphics can be problematic
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans

Re: Problem Trying to Install

Thank you for your reply. I'll check out the link you provided!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu