Thread: Rhythmbox, sorting of tracks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Rhythmbox, sorting of tracks

Used to be, when rhythmbox listed the contents of an album, it would be ordered in sequence of track number. But now it lists them in alphabetical order, according to name of track. I don't know what caused this, and I don't know how to fix it back (I like to play my albums in the order the goddess meant them to be played).

Help? Cheers.
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4
    blog photoblog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Rhythmbox, sorting of tracks

Take a look at this screenshot.

The 'track' tab is highlighted. The tracks are sorted into numerical order. However if you look at the 'album' tab you will see that the albums are listed alphabetically.

This might be a quirk of how my preferences are set.
    So from my impressions the albums are sorted first the tracks are sorted next.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Thanks westie457 but that didn't help much.

I will attach a screenshot of my own to hopefully clarify things.

You can see I have selected the Amy Winehouse album "Back To Black".

In the good ol' days, the tracks would have been listed according to track number, ie:

1 Rehab
    2 You know I'm no good
    3 Me & Mr Jones
    etc.

And rhythmbox would have played them in that order.

But now, the tracks are listed in alphabetical order, and they also play in that order. Grrr!!

I have fiddled with preferences to no avail. I don't know what I did to cause this, I don't know how to undo it.

Anyone got ideas? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "All people are scum. No matter what they look like." ~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan #4
    blog photoblog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi t0p.

In my screenshot the 'track' tab is highlighted because I had clicked in it to sort the numbers. Before that they were listed alphabetically by track name.

Don't laugh too much, I had many 'face-palm' moments checking this very very small sample of my music collection. The whole lot takes about 20 minutes to import into any music-player library.

Beans
    Distro

Thank you westie457, that seems to have done the trick. I didn't even think of clicking the track tab, either poor interface design or poor mental faculties on my part (I'll blame the devs, it's better to blame people you don't know rather than admit to being stupid).
    blog photoblog