Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why i have to reboot PC every time i want to watch tv in the big screen?

Beans

why i have to reboot PC every time i want to watch tv in the big screen?

Hi guys,need help please, why i have to reboot my pc everytime i want to watch tv throwgh HDMI to a Vizio LCD display
    i also have pc connected to a small led coby tv display as a monitor that is mirrored off vizio lcd tv with connection DVI to Hdmi and with this one i don't have to reboot.
    my card id HD Ati amd 6450 .

this is anoying cause when i'ḿ not watching tv and i'ḿ just using the other small monitor then when i want to switch to the big display i have to turn on vizio tv and reboot pc. Is there Any way i can make the pc to reconize tv without rebooting pc? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by frank18; February 2nd, 2014 at 12:59 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: why i have to reboot PC every time i want to watch tv in the big screen?

I use an HDMI 1x4 switch (replicator). That way the HDMI input signal is transmitted to every monitor/tv/projector/audio receiver all the time and the HDMI handshake happens when those displays are booted.

So I guess that fits the "any way" of the solution.
    Some of my displays need to be turned off and on (not the PC) if the HDMI signal doesn't sync correctly the 1st time.

BTW, with some of the HDMI expanders, HDCP is removed, which can be an issue for older display devices which are not HDCP compliant.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    I use an HDMI 1x4 switch (replicator). That way the HDMI input signal is transmitted to every monitor/tv/projector/audio receiver all the time and the HDMI handshake happens when those displays are booted.

So I guess that fits the "any way" of the solution.
    Some of my displays need to be turned off and on (not the PC) if the HDMI signal doesn't sync correctly the 1st time.

BTW, with some of the HDMI expanders, HDCP is removed, which can be an issue for older display devices which are not HDCP compliant.
    Thanks Thefu: you mean an HDMI amplifier switch?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Portta-PET0301...d_rhf_dp_s_t_2

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    No. A switch would be a 4x1 .... I'm using an signal duplicator - 1x4. 1 input pushing the same signal to 4 outputs. This would reset the HDMI signal as target video devices are plugged/unplugged or powered off/on.

Beans

No. A switch would be a 4x1 .... I'm using an signal duplicator - 1x4. 1 input pushing the same signal to 4 outputs. This would reset the HDMI signal as target video devices are plugged/unplugged or powered off/on.
    Thanks TheFu: could you please post the pic for your switch, thanks

Beans
    Distro

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Splitter-.../dp/B003LMN5N8 is not the exact version I have - doesn't seem to be sold anymore, but this is the sort of device.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

logout and login works for me!

blog
    Donations BTC : 12FwoB7uAM5FnweykpR1AEEDVFaTLTYFkS
    DOUBLEPLUSGOOD!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fdrake View Post
    logout and login works for me!
    Thanks fdrake: isn't that the same as rebooting?

Beans

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Splitter-.../dp/B003LMN5N8 is not the exact version I have - doesn't seem to be sold anymore, but this is the sort of device.
    thanks TheFu; it looks like mine!
    http://www.amazon.com/Portta-PET0301...d_rhf_dp_s_t_2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast