Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first venture into Testing!

Beans

Re: My first venture into Testing!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    I don't get it. 14.04 is not released until April. You were expecting a stable, solid install???
    Not at all. I was expecting to be able to REPORT the results of my testing the way the Wiki seems to suggest is the "proper" way.

I know better than to expect Alpha software to behave perfectly without any bugs or snags.

But instead of jumping through all the hoops on a web site that is either broken or deliriously confusing, I'll simply play and report my findings to the e-mail list instead of putting myself through the aggravation and confusion of "joining the QA team" to report my findings "properly."

It's all good.

And by the way, my ranting blog post had nothing to do with how 14.04 performed in a test. It's about the confusing and frustrating process of joining the QA team. Jus' say'n.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

But to report my findings I must create a hardware profile using my Single Sign-On account,
    I know blogs are blogs and full of inaccuracies - this is wrong.

I've got no such thing.

If you have an issue with SSO - then you need to go to - https://forms.canonical.com/sso-support/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    I know blogs are blogs and full of inaccuracies - this is wrong.

I've got no such thing.
    It's "Step Two" on this page.

If you have an issue with SSO - then you need to go to - https://forms.canonical.com/sso-support/
    I did. And I sent a support request via e-mail, which four days later has still not been answered.

I, apparently, am the only person ever to have trouble with "single" sign-on or with joining QA. And apparently "Well, it works for me" is some kind of formula or incantation or something that fixes whatever is wrong. Because no one has offered any other advice on how to get past the roadblock I described.

And apparently, I'm the only muggle in the Ubuntu community. But you know what? I have deleted the blog post, since I'm obviously mistaken about the lack of testers. In fact all Ubuntu users are testers. Unknowingly and unwittingly so perhaps, but testers nonetheless, unless they're using a two or more year old LTS or some long-expired and unsupported version.
    Last edited by robin7; February 3rd, 2014 at 11:45 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I didn't say it wasn't on the wiki.

You said before you changed the blog you had to do it - you don't - I don't.

Beans

It's all okay. I missed something, can't follow directions, or whatever. Since I can't manage the "simple" procedure required to join the QA team, I'll do something else to help out.

I remain a devoted Xubuntu fanboy. Call me "Robin the Fanboy Wonder." While it's probably way past time I upgraded my hardware, I'm actually having a little contest with myself to see how long I can keep this old relic running without doing that.

I bought this computer when my kids were little, and they're both grown up and out of the house now! Xubuntu keeps it going strong and I'm absolutely delighted with the distro.

But lesson learned... I jumped the gun, failed to follow directions somewhere along the way, and over-reacted like a spoiled brat. So I'll find other ways to help out my favorite distro. And I'll stick with 12.04 until it reaches the end of it's support life and then upgrade to Trusty, which will be three years old and probably bug-free by then, and with two more years of life left to it!

If I can keep this old relic running this beautifully until I become a grandfather that would be awesome. So far I haven't needed to run off to Lubuntu, Puppy, or AntiX to meet that goal. And if my luck holds out that long maybe I'll have bragging rights to something, even if I can't manage to follow directions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

About to chuck an SSD and 4Gb of RAM in my thirteen year old desktop relic currently running a P4 3GHz and 1Gb of RAM. There's life in the old beast yet! Still goes fine as is but beefing it up to use as audio workstation.

But apologies, I digress ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by robin7 View Post
    It's "Step Two" on this page.

I did. And I sent a support request via e-mail, which four days later has still not been answered.

I, apparently, am the only person ever to have trouble with "single" sign-on or with joining QA. And apparently "Well, it works for me" is some kind of formula or incantation or something that fixes whatever is wrong. Because no one has offered any other advice on how to get past the roadblock I described.

And apparently, I'm the only muggle in the Ubuntu community. But you know what? I have deleted the blog post, since I'm obviously mistaken about the lack of testers. In fact all Ubuntu users are testers. Unknowingly and unwittingly so perhaps, but testers nonetheless, unless they're using a two or more year old LTS or some long-expired and unsupported version.
    Just keep coming back to U+1 and report your experiences here. Your questions or theories may help somebody else find a solution. The whole concept of U+1 is that we don't have to be rocket scientists to be part of the contribution process. All of our contributions , large or small, correct or incorrect are like building blocks to the greater framework of the final release.

Regards..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

All of our contributions , large or small, correct or incorrect are like building blocks to the greater framework of the final release.
    +1 to that

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

+1 to that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12