Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Observation of Instability

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Observation of Instability

Well, the important thing is that things look okay now.

I don't really care which OS anyone uses, but just because it's you, craig10x (as if I actually know you), I would have tried to convince you to go with a different distro rather than resort to Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I hear you, malspa...it probably would have been ok on the debian based distros, but i really REALLY prefer Ubuntu as i feel it has certain refinements and polish that the debian based ones just don't seem to have...an example is the patching that ubuntu uses that gives such outstanding web page rendering...i'd miss that...that's why i am so glad it got corrected on Ubuntu so that i can stay with it...
    Also, these days (since the advent of unity) Ubuntu has become a darn good looking distro and i enjoy the "eye candy"

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Yeah, I know what you mean. Even though I use other distros (Debian and Arch are my favorites these days), I really like Unity, and I have no intentions of getting rid of my Ubuntu installation. I'm looking forward to 14.04 (I haven't budged from 12.04 yet), and I was hoping that the issues you mentioned here wouldn't be something I'd have to deal with in the next LTS release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

The problem seems to be unique to the 3.13 kernel on sandybridge hardware like i have...I run 14.10 now (which has the 3.16 kernel) and despite numerous updates, it has not lost one degree of media stability...
    Where as once the 3.13 got messed up (in one of it's early updates on ubuntu) it has never improved on my hardware, no matter how many updates to it came in after that...
    Best solution if one has this problem (as i did) is to move AWAY from the 3.13. kernel as fast as possible...i did and have not looked back

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234