Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Really excited about a game set in medieval times that doesn't have dragons and magic. Just hope amd steps up and get their stuff together on the driver front.

Beans

wow

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Way back in antedeluvian times (1992), MicroProse (remember them?) released Darklands, a medieval game with no magic (well, alchemy) or monsters (well, brigands and witches); I'd consider it to be the spiritual ancestor to Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Darklands is available on GOG.com, and there's a PlayOnLinux script to install it, should you find this interesting.
    Last edited by oldrocker99; January 31st, 2014 at 06:02 AM.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks oldrocker99, I checked out Darklands and it looks interesting. Can't say I remember MicroProse though I wasn't really into pc gaming back then. I was just 8 years old in 1992, but I remember my family had a 386 machine that my brother played Wolfenstien 3D on.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Willyweasel View Post
    Really excited about a game set in medieval times that doesn't have dragons and magic. Just hope amd steps up and get their stuff together on the driver front.
    AMD is stepping up to the task, although the open source drivers are seeing much more improvement than the closed source ones are, at least from what I can tell.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Darklands looks interesting. i think i will have a look if i can find the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Willyweasel View Post
    Thanks oldrocker99, I checked out Darklands and it looks interesting. Can't say I remember MicroProse though I wasn't really into pc gaming back then. I was just 8 years old in 1992, but I remember my family had a 386 machine that my brother played Wolfenstien 3D on.
    Perhaps MIcroprose's Civilization and i think UFO and Xcom ring a bell?

well Mount & Blade looked promising in demo but then... it's not what i would want. repeating quests over and over, no variances, it became boring. i then tried the one with pistols. while it is fin to use pistols it's still a bit boring. castle taking, people running away just like that etc. , repetitive tasks...

the most i like was mordor mod. it had more interesting quests, but unfortunatelly i don't think it was ever finished. and soem bugs were left in. but ti whad more interesting quests something i expected in the main title.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I remember Civilization and Xcom, but didn't realize Microprose made those. I've heard good things about Mount & Blade, I just never got around to trying it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12