Thread: Buggy orange circle in when opening .docx in LibreOffice

Beans

Buggy orange circle in when opening .docx in LibreOffice

Hello everyone,

Absolute beginner here but happy and determined to learn.

Installed 13.10 from USB earlier this month and system has run fairly well except I cannot return my machine from suspend. Onto my real question.

I have imported some of my .docx files that I had created in Win7 and when I open these files to edit them in LibreOffice there is a large, opaque Orange circle at the bottom of the first page without fail. It appears to be some sort of formatting from within LibreOffice as I can highlight it and move it. Here's the catch thoough, when I move it, it merely creates a new orange circle where I move it to (insert jokes about the Hydra here). Also, I can't manage to delete the circle.

The documents in question are my resume and cover letter templates and as I'm in the job hunt now this is killing me with annoyance. Thanks so much, glad to be aboard. Everyone is so helpful and knowledgeable here!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Buggy orange circle in when opening .docx in LibreOffice

Hello and Welcome

I don't see this and just opened some word documents moments ago. You can select the print screen key and post a screen shot here using the paper clip symbol on the reply box. With a picture someone may be able to identify the cause more quickly.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Had some docx files recently where the formatting was completely borked. Had to use windows and office.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    Had some docx files recently where the formatting was completely borked. Had to use windows and office.
    Did you file a bug? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

Last time I did (about a serious regression in calc) I got prompt attentions after the Ububtu packager for LO saw it and gave it a push, the bug was fixed the next day after he intervened. You should also provide a sample document.
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; January 23rd, 2014 at 10:08 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Hello and Welcome

I don't see this and just opened some word documents moments ago. You can select the print screen key and post a screen shot here using the paper clip symbol on the reply box. With a picture someone may be able to identify the cause more quickly.

Thanks for all of the replies folks. Sorry for the slow response! I've attached a screen cap that shows what I'm referring to. I've also tried to save it straight away into .odt with no luck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I am equally confused ! Ive seen water marks in documents used for copy protection, but nothing like that.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors