Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: request old PC or Laptop

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: request old PC or Laptop

Thank you very much every one. I am from India. If shipping costs around 20$ i can handle that.

I am low with money.please try to understand.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I would recommend you PM Sudodus as he suggested then. Sadly, a lot of stuff on ebay just does not ship to india. It was easy enough to find many laptops for 20-30 bucks, with 10 for shipping. (2450.07 rupees or something around that.) The problem is finding one that will ship to india, and another then one that will handle the proper power cord. If you still have your machines, you can tell us their names, (should be on there.) and it would be easy to look up parts, which would be easier.

I will keep an eye out on ebay for something that ships to india if I find anything, I will send you a link in PM.
    Proverbs 14:15

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Beans

Unfortunately, it's at least $50 to ship a laptop-sized package from the US to India, according to USPS (assuming a 5lb laptop in a 15x12x3 inch box). Not that you'd want the laptop I have anyway.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Since we are now talking about shipping costs and the exchange of money, moved to Market.

Raja -

It is likely that shipping costs from anywhere outside of India will be prohibitive. You will probably spend more on shipping than you would by finding a second-hand component/assembly/computer locally.
    My Blog
    Ubuntu Help Pages I'm constructing: AMDGPU and AMDGPU-PRO
    Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It seems like knowing Raja's current machine model would help. Perhaps buy a motherboard with CPU included?

Beans
    Distro

There is also the issue of a power converter, since from my understanding, most countries use DC for electricity, but here in the US we use AC. And the shipping only adds to the problem. I know India is a hard place to get things cheap from too at times (Sometimes not so much so though). Both your desktop and Laptop are no good? Was it that you had one stolen, and the other broken? or if you have both, can you tell us what happens or show us a video with your phone perhaps what is happening too? It might be helpful in figuring it out a bit more, and if you can get the name of the model, (even the brand can help) we might be able to help more.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks again all of you. My pc is a intel dual core processor and my laptop is intel dual core 1.83 Ghz.

Beans
    Distro

Thank you, I did some searching on yahoo and found a place. Called Nehru place or something, but it was no good, i would recommend staying away from there. I will keep looking for places in india to buy computer parts for cheap.

Also, thank you for telling us the kind of processor, that is helpful to an extent, it might be helpful if you knew the brand to the desktop/laptop too. like for example if it is a Dell, or an Acer. Something like that. If you told that, then we can get to it easier. It should tell the name on it either on the front or side, or back, if desktop, most likely the front, if laptop, most likely when you open it on the keybroad or something.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Its Zenith Laptop , they are not manufacturing such model now.
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans
    Distro

Thank you. I have searched for it, indeed Zenith is a hard thing to find, and the only things I found were very old, and I doubt of use. And sadly again in America. I did a little looking around on ebay india though. It is very hard to find much of anything on the site, I see your problem, even broken laptops sell for 70-80$ dollars on there. (Ironically, found one about that price, but had the exact same problem as you.) You might think of selling both your desktop and laptop then to see if you can get a new one, just tell people it is broken, and make sure you remove the hard drives. (That they also know they are gone of course too.) I mean it should fetch you a pretty penny.

I am very sorry I am not of more help. The other thing is just going out and looking for a laptop like most of them ahve recommended, but if you live in a place like I do, that might not really be possible. It is quite problematic. Raspbarry pi is a little sorta makeshift kind of computer for people in your situation, I hear they can run good, they are cheap, but you will have to look how to put them together. (I think they are around 20 bucks, and if you have that shipped to you, it will not cost hardly anything it is so small.) You will need keyboard and mouse and all that, but you should already have those.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast