Hi,

First of all, I apologize if this is not the correct thread for posting this. If someone points out a better thread I am willing to move it.

Now, I recently installed Xubuntu 13.10 and it's been working great except a few small issues that are not really a problem but just kinda of annoying and I would like to fix if possible. I'm gonna try to divide them into categories.

Touchpad:

[1] The first issue I have with my touchpad is that I can't disable/enable it. Under Windows my touchpad had a little 'part' in the corner that if I would tap it would disable the touchpad and enable it accordingly. This tapping feature did not work after I installed Xubuntu and the touchpad is always enabled. This is not a big deal but it is a feature that I used every once in a while and it would be great to have it back.

[2] In the touchpad settings menu there is a option to "disable touchpad while typing" which is great, especially since I can't disable my touchpad manually (described in [1]). However, what is really annoying about it is that it lasts too long. I have to wait 3-4 seconds after typing in order to use my touchpad, and like I said it is not a big deal, but it can be very annoying, especially when I'm performing a task requiring frequent use of both keyboard and mouse.

Wireless on/off key

[3] My laptop has a Wi-fi on/off key (duhh) which has an LED light on it. Under Windows the LED was red when the wireless was off and blue when the wireless was on. Now, since I've installed Xubuntu, the LED is red when the Wi-fi is off, however when the Wi-fi is on, the LED will constantly blink between red-blue-red-blue etc.... It never stop. As far as I can tell the Wi-fi works perfectly, it's just this blinking that is a bit annoying.

Chrome keyring password prompt:

[4] I'm not sure if this was an issue with firefox because I installed chrome immediately after getting Xubuntu, but every time I log into my computer and open Chrome for the first time I'm asked for a keyring password. If I do type the password then this prompt will not appear anymore during the current login session and if I hit cancel that prompt will appear every time I launch chrome. My choice does not really affect my browsing capabilities; in fact the only thing that I noticed is that if I do not type the password and hit cancel, I can't have access to all the passwords that chrome saves in the "passwords and keys" option on the Setting menu, and if I do type the password I can see all those things. Now I did read a bit online about this and I think I understand the purpose of it existing, however is it necessary that I get prompted every time for that password? It's getting really annoying. I think it would be better that, if I ever need access to those keys (which i doubt), to just go to some menu and then be asked for the keyring password.

So, If you guys know the solution to any of these problems, I would be very grateful. If not than thanks anyway.

J.m.