Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Banned from logging into Youtube through overuse

Beans

Banned from logging into Youtube through overuse

Just a friendly warning for all you Youtube lovers; overuse it, by however Google defines overuse and without warning you'll effectively be banned from logging in.
    Not literally banned, but thrown Captchas endlessly so that keeping logged out with private browsing and blocked Youtube cookies is the only way to stop the Captchas when playing vids.
    Checked with my ISP but they can't help although they did suggest changing my router's primary and secondary DNS settings that has made streaming a little more stable.
    Now i do feel endebted to the many Google services, seeing that they are free to use n'all, so this is merely a small point of information, not a moan.
    Has anyone else run up against this ?

Beans

Re: Banned from logging into Youtube through overuse

Never and I use youtube every single day.

Beans

Obviously not paying proper attention to Rihanna, Britney or any of the cats

Beans
    Hidden!

without warning you'll effectively be banned from logging in.
    What do you mean by that? I never login to youtube; I just view it.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans

I know the feeling.. But there is a Sign In button in the top right hand corner goading me to be clicked.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Erm. I don't see a sign-in button there. I see my e-mail address, because I'm always logged in and never asked for a password, CAPCHA'd or otherwise.

How does one overuse YouTube?
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans

Be very interesting to hear Google's answer to that question, tried sending feedback but individual responses are not entertained.
    No Youtube Unblocker plugin at the moment, imagine if i had been from Germany, probably be able to see less than half the content.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I even had this problem for google searches. The solution was to change my router settings to change the IP address from my ISP every couple of hours, not to "store" it forever.

Beans

I followed my ISP's advice changing the DNS settings from auto to manual but that made no difference.
    I have little knowledge of networking but the IP addy is not fixed and in the modem/router the
    DHCP server lease duration is set to one day. I could ask the ISP's permission to change that to 2 hours,
    not sure if this is what you mean though ?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Is h t t p : / / min . us / i / Y2hE3r2trFJz a shortened url? Is there any way to know without using one of those url previewing apps and of course without clicking on it to see where it takes me?
    Last edited by vasa1; January 20th, 2014 at 03:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast