Thread: PSX Emulator won't work.

Beans

PSX Emulator won't work.

I downloaded PSX for windows, installed it with wine, and it runs. Yet, when i try to open an .iso with it I get an error saying that it can't read the CD plugin. I also have the Linux version which when i click on it it does nothing. How can i get the windows PSX version to play .iso's? do i really need a plugin? and where do i get it? Any ideas? Has anyone had this problem. I have Ubuntu 12.4, 32bit, no dual boot. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: PSX Emulator won't work.

Isn't psx really old, and possibly dead.
    Install pcsx from the repos.
    I think it's actually pscxr or pcsx reloaded.
    It comes with a bunch of plugins, and a dummy bios.
    You then launch it and in the window it opens, you can configure the cd drive.

Another thing to note is that the psx and epsxe and pcsx programs only work for the playstation one games.
    If you want to run ps2 games, you'll could try pcsx2, which also require ALOT more system resources.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!

Thread moved to Emulators.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

@ d-wall08,

Support questions should always be asked in the threads, not in PM. By doing so, you get more and better, peer-reviewed answers, and the helpers are able to help more people while replying just once.

Posting your PM here so others can see and reply if they can -
    Quote Originally Posted by d-wall08
    Thanks for the tip. For I am new to the community. Well I have a question for who, hopefully you can answer. I have PSX Emulator. the emulator is fine and runs when opened, yet the Roms I download and unzip are .bin and .cue. When I try to open the games in PSX theres an error, pretty much PSX can't read them. Am I doing something wrong? I know PSX needs .ISO games. Do I have to convert the .cue file to .iso?
    The files you downloaded are probably either in a format that PCSX doesn't understand, or like deadflower pointed out above, could be a version that PCSX can't handle (it can play only playstation 1 games, and even that is not guaranteed for all games).

Your best bet, IMHO, is to burn a CD from those files so that the added complexity of reading the image is eliminated. Either that, or try gCDemu from its ppa. Like DaemonTools in Windows, it can handle a lot of cd/dvd image formats, and is a near-perfect CD/DVD drive emulator for Linux.
    Last edited by varunendra; January 13th, 2014 at 08:06 PM. Reason: added link
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags
    Am I not replying your post? This is why.

Beans

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Beans

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I still don't know how what to do with the .tar.bz files though, have no clue.