Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: browsers

Beans

browsers

I use Xubuntu and have no complaints. Always works and never crashes.ever.
    Which browser do you think is best for XUbu??

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: browsers

Moved to Ubuntu, Linx & OS Chat.

Beans

Firefox (and probably Chrome as a second browser in case you run into sites that require up to date flash,--there aren't many)
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; January 12th, 2014 at 04:33 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 Xenial Xerus

+1 firefox

Beans

Firefox still keeps me happy although it seems to put on weight over the years, I guess that is what hardware upgrades are for
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

They all work but I prefer Firefox.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

All browsers seem much of a muchness to me, but the extensions I want to use tend to mean that I use Firefox more than the rest.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Google Chrome (from their website)...nice to use...excellent extensions and always gives you the latest flash...has a nifty built in pdf reader and puts a ppa in your software updater to give you latest new versions as they are released...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I don't like having any dynamic content on by default. I use Opera with flash, java, cookies, sounds, and other embedded files disabled by default. I have java and cookies enabled by domain for a couple websites and all that jazz enabled in Firefox. I also have a bunch of extensions for ripping flash and similar content in Firefox. Then I can just right click on websites I want to run that stuff on in Opera and 'open in Firefox'.

I know Opera isn't very popular, especially in the free software world, but I've been using it since '98 and prefer it to everything else.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You might consider keeping two or three browsers in the stable.

1. A browser with Javascript, ads, Flash, everything disabled; no cookies, no history, no cache; private browsing settings. This is for using when you want to ignore all but printed content or when you want to be relatively anonymous online. I use Firefox for this, though you could use Iron or Chrome instead.

2. Another browser with most things enabled. This is for viewing sites that absolutely need Javascript, and for logging in to forums like this one, etc. I use Chrome or Chromium for this.

A lot of times I'll browse with everything disabled until I find a site I want to view fully, and then I'll copy the address from Firefox into Chrome.

3. I find it useful to sometimes have a very fast browser even if it doesn't necessarily render everything perfectly. For that I use NetSurf ("small as a mouse, fast as a cheetah"). But it doesn't do Javascript at all.

I've recently started using Qupzilla. It's a Webkit browser but not a Chromium fork. Has anyone done any speed / resource tests on Qupzilla?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast