Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06: New Guide

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06: New Guide

Used the guide with Feisty and a new mx400. It worked quite well, including the all important side buttons (another big Thank You for the excellent guide) I just have a bit of a silly question about the resolution.

The lomoco seems to be working, but I can't really say I notice a difference, which is to actually say I thought the mouse performed superbly before, and now it performs... superbly. Is there a way to tell what resolution the mouse is set at?
    Thank you for any help.
    Last edited by MichiganMan; May 17th, 2007 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Fixed Problem, now just have question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

ok so I have great news, I have my mx1000 working (sort of) with evdev, the only problem I have so far is that I have way too many buttons (not that its bad) but it recognizes all the buttons as individual buttons. For example;

left click is 1
    middle click is 2
    right click is 3
    wheel up is 4
    wheel down is 5
    back thumb is 6
    forward thumb is 7
    middle thumb buttons is 8
    scroll (cruise) up is 9
    scroll (cruise) down is 10
    horizontal scroll left is 11
    horizontal scroll right is 12

the problem I am having is if in my xorg I set "HWHEELRelativeAxisButtons" "12 11", my horizontal scroll buttons become 13 and 14. maybe I need to use a xodmap??

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

@MichiganMan: Well, the mouse moves faster at a bigger resolution for me.

@spockrock: yeah, I think you should be able to fix it with xmodmap
    aka anime4christ (I'm a guy, btw.)
    My personal boring website ^_^
    Jesus has changed your life. Save changes? (Y/N)

Beans

Thanks. I've played with the command, switching, I think, between 400 and 800 cpi.

But I'm wondering is the output I get from the command is right:
    Code:
    sudo lomoco -8
    002.002: 046d:c043 Unsupported Logitech device: USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse
    Is this telling me that lomoco isn't working because my mx400 is unsupported?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I think it just checks the name of the device and decides whether or not it's supported whether or not the mouse is actually capable. You might want to report a bug to the lomoco devs.
    aka anime4christ (I'm a guy, btw.)
    My personal boring website ^_^
    Jesus has changed your life. Save changes? (Y/N)

Beans

ok, i have the mouse doing what i want it to, but now i'm having keyboard issues. the media keys, which worked just fine previously, are now dead. i have a linkysys wireless keyboard/mouse combo, one usb reciever, two peripherals. the keyboard model number from the bottom seems to be "M/N: Y-RJ20." i couldn't tell you the mouse model, as the info under there has long been scraped away from use, but it's a typical optical wireless mouse with a scroll wheel and a single back button. the reciever's model is "M/N: C-BG-17-DUAL." the keyboard functions fine as a standard no-frills deal, but i'd like to get my volume control and media player buttons back. any help or a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

my apologies if this has already been covered. i couldn't find anything in the thread. if i just happened to miss it, simply pointing me to the relevant page number would be great.

thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hmmm this is strange but any changes I make to my .Xmodmap file does not change the buttons values, when I enter;
    xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap

the buttons stay the same, any suggestions??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

I just released btnx (Button Extension). It is a daemon that enables rerouting of mouse button events through uinput as keyboard and other mouse button combinations. This is especially useful for mice with more buttons than Gnome or KDE can properly handle, or mice that need evdev and a 100 step howto to register button events at all. No more pulling hairs with evdev, udev, xorg.conf, xvkbd, xbindkeys, and mousekeys. It has mouse auto-detection for supported mice.

Right now there is only support for:
    • Logitech MX Revolution
    • Logitech VX Revolution
    • Logitech G5
    • Logitech MX-510
    I need hexdumps of event handlers to add support for other mice.

The installation and usage is described in the MX Revolution howto. The instructions for helping add support for other mice is found in this post. Anyone with a mouse that has more than 2 buttons and a wheel can help. The instructions should be easy to follow.

The SVN repository for the project is located at http://svn.ollisalonen.com/btnx

Once people start sending in the needed info, I'll update this list for mice that I will add support for. Make sure to check that list before helping so there won't be duplicate work. I will try adding support as soon as I can after getting the necessary info.

A big thanks to anyone who takes the time to help.

I've submitted a tutorial+tips thread on btnx. Once it's approved by the forum staff, all support and discussion of btnx will be moved there.
    Last edited by daou; May 31st, 2007 at 07:01 AM.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

The thread for btnx is now at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=455656
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

I have a Logitech MX-400 and went through all the steps in the first post. The forward/back buttons don't work, but if I tilt the scroll wheel to the right, the page goes back. A left tilt does a page forward. I've tried changing the button values as specified in the first post to no avail. Any thoughts?

Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast