Thread: HOWTO: Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06: New Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOWTO: Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06: New Guide

It should, but I don't know for sure.
    aka anime4christ (I'm a guy, btw.)
    My personal boring website ^_^
    Jesus has changed your life. Save changes? (Y/N)

Beans

I got Ubuntu loaded and running on my laptop with realative ease. Every thing but my USB Mouse is work good I am using a Logitech Notebook Mouse When I use the left or middle mouse buttons they seems to have the properties of both the middle and the left button combined. AKA when I highlight text with the left button and then click in a text box with the left button it acts as if I clicked the middle button, and visa-versa. In Firefox I click on a link with the left mouse button it opens the link in the current window and in an extra tab as if I clicked the middle button, again visa-versa.

I have played with this guide to no avail if anyone else has anyother suggestions they will be most helpful. Also, if you think I need to get a new mouse altogether, please make a suggestion. Thanks to eveyone in advance.
    Last edited by binatice; October 10th, 2006 at 02:50 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Same with "mouse" driver too? O_o Weird. I'm guessing it might be the mouse messing up, does it work with other computers/OS's?

Beans

I works fine on Windows XP. I really don't think it is the mouse it's self, but it might be. I bought the mouse about 3 months ago.

Beans
    Distro

So, you get the same problem with the "mouse" and the "evdev" driver, or only with evdev?

Beans

I don't quite understand the question, but I utilized the How to here and it displays the same problems as before. If that is what your asking.

Beans
    Distro

Well, before the guide you were most likely using the mouse driver. And it was bad then too, correct?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'd love to use button 10 on my mx1000 to close a window. My global shortcut for closing windows is Alt + z. However, when I write

"/usr/bin/xvkbd -xsendevent -text "\[Alt_L]\[z]""
    m:0x0 + b:10

in my .xbindkeysrc file, nothing happens, the window doesn't close. If I write:

"/usr/bin/xvkbd -xsendevent -text "\[Control]\[w]""
    m:0x0 + b:10

some windows close, some don't. Those that close, do produce a beep from the computer speaker after closing though. Any idea how I could use b:10 to close any window? Thanks...

Beans

A couple of questions....... i got the evdev driver to load and everything. However....

i want to bind my thumb button my my mouse to acting as Control....... i know from using xev, that the button is button 8. in my configuration file i tried binding it like this:

"/usr/bin/xvkbd -xsendevent -text "\[Control]""
    m:0x0 + b:8

And it doesnt seem to work....... how do i bind it to act like control? I tried binding it to ^... but it just prints that character...

Secondly........ using xev, my mouse buttons 1-8 were detected (i didnt notice a 2) .... that includes scroll weel up down and tilt left and right. But...... the two buttons above the scrollwheel on my mouse did not send any signals to xev.....

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by NoTiG View Post
    A couple of questions....... i got the evdev driver to load and everything. However....

i want to bind my thumb button my my mouse to acting as Control....... i know from using xev, that the button is button 8. in my configuration file i tried binding it like this:

"/usr/bin/xvkbd -xsendevent -text "\[Control]""
    m:0x0 + b:8

And it doesnt seem to work....... how do i bind it to act like control? I tried binding it to ^... but it just prints that character...
    xvkbd will only do a kepress event, not a key down and keyup event. I don't know if it's possible to do a key down and key up using xbindkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by NoTiG View Post
    Secondly........ using xev, my mouse buttons 1-8 were detected (i didnt notice a 2) .... that includes scroll weel up down and tilt left and right. But...... the two buttons above the scrollwheel on my mouse did not send any signals to xev.....
    2 is scroll-wheel click.

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast