Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06: New Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: HOWTO: Configuring Logitech mice in Ubuntu 6.06: New Guide

Cool How-to, thanks for posting it. I have a question:
    To the best of your knowledge, will this work if the mouse is going through a KVM? Or does it absolutely have to be plugged into a USB port?

Thanks!
    Drunken child easy.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Um, I think someone had trouble with using it with a KVM when he would switch then switch back. AFAIK, that should be fixed in Edgy.
    aka anime4christ (I'm a guy, btw.)
    My personal boring website ^_^
    Jesus has changed your life. Save changes? (Y/N)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by detyabozhye View Post
    Well, I guess we could try using the evdev driver for the keyboard as well, although I don't know what the results will be.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work. With evdev, keyboard went mad - arrows stopped working, del key acted as printscreen etc. I didn't investigate this problem (it was useless because extra keys didn't work), maybe it's layout issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Ok I finally figured out how to do the alt-tab thing with the mouse, well kind of. Theres a program called Kompose, which in my opinion is actually better than alt-tab, and you can configure it so that when you move your mouse to a particular part of the screen it will automatically come up. Not exactly a button on the mouse but I find that it works just as well.
    To install just search for Kompose in synaptic or adept.
    After that, just start it and then right click on the icon that appears in the system tray, configure compose, and then pick how you want it to auto-activate.
    Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

Beans
    Hidden!

Can anyone tell me which out of all these instructions that I need to use to configure all buttons/resolution with my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 mouse?
    Code:
    I: Bus=0003 Vendor=045e Product=0095 Version=0419
    N: Name="Microsoft Microsoft IntelliMouse� Explorer"
    P: Phys=usb-0000:00:0f.2-1/input0
    S: Sysfs=/class/input/input1
    H: Handlers=mouse0 event1 ts0
    B: EV=7
    B: KEY=1f0000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: REL=1c3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hey, Thanks for the guide. Though it's not quite working for me. Two questions. I was wondering if anyone has gotten Lomoco to work for wireless mice. I am using a Logitech v400 right now, Best laptop mouse I have ever used. Anyways when I type sudo lomoco -8 it prints out "003.002: 046d:c518 Unsupported Logitech device: USB Receiver".

And for the next question. I was curious if you could tell me what
    "/usr/bin/xvkbd -xsendevent -text "\[Alt_L]\[Left]""
    m:0x0 + b:8
    does. Particularly what the m:0x0 is doing. I think i got the rest of it but when you told us how to do the cruise control it kind of threw me off a bit. So maybe if you could explain what the xbindkeys takes as input that would help. Thanks!

EDIT: Two things. First I got my mouse to work with the back and forward buttons using the KERNEL=="event[0-9]*", SYSFS{../name}=="Logitech USB Receiver", SYSFS{../device/bInterfaceNumber}=="01", NAME="input/event9"
    line. Since its wireless usb it has both the usb mouse and keyboard in events. Also What im looking for in the xbindkeyssrc thing is i want be able to bind other keys. Like say my tablet buttons because im running a tablet pc. Or maybe the windows key.
    Last edited by Dougie187; August 13th, 2006 at 08:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie187 View Post
    Hey, Thanks for the guide. Though it's not quite working for me. Two questions. I was wondering if anyone has gotten Lomoco to work for wireless mice. I am using a Logitech v400 right now, Best laptop mouse I have ever used. Anyways when I type sudo lomoco -8 it prints out "003.002: 046d:c518 Unsupported Logitech device: USB Receiver".
    AFAIK lomoco doesn't support all Logitech mice. Look here http://lomoco.linux-gamers.net/

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by glycerin View Post
    Can anyone tell me which out of all these instructions that I need to use to configure all buttons/resolution with my Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 mouse?
    Code:
    I: Bus=0003 Vendor=045e Product=0095 Version=0419
    N: Name="Microsoft Microsoft IntelliMouse� Explorer"
    P: Phys=usb-0000:00:0f.2-1/input0
    S: Sysfs=/class/input/input1
    H: Handlers=mouse0 event1 ts0
    B: EV=7
    B: KEY=1f0000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: REL=1c3
    Well, I'd say start with the evdev part and see what works and what doesn't, then we can help out further.

Beans
    Distro

Isn't the v400 at a high resolution by default? I don't know, but I'd assume it is, being a Laser mouse.

And for the next question. I was curious if you could tell me what
    "/usr/bin/xvkbd -xsendevent -text "\[Alt_L]\[Left]""
    m:0x0 + b:8
    does. Particularly what the m:0x0 is doing. I think i got the rest of it but when you told us how to do the cruise control it kind of threw me off a bit. So maybe if you could explain what the xbindkeys takes as input that would help. Thanks!
    The m:0x0 is the state of the keyboard. And the v400 doesn't have cruise control AFAIK.

EDIT: Two things. First I got my mouse to work with the back and forward buttons using the KERNEL=="event[0-9]*", SYSFS{../name}=="Logitech USB Receiver", SYSFS{../device/bInterfaceNumber}=="01", NAME="input/event9"
    line. Since its wireless usb it has both the usb mouse and keyboard in events. Also What im looking for in the xbindkeyssrc thing is i want be able to bind other keys. Like say my tablet buttons because im running a tablet pc. Or maybe the windows key.[/QUOTE]

I don't get what you mean in the first part. Are you saying you're afraid the mouse will interfere with the keyboard? As for mapping those keys, I'm sure it's possible, as long as they fire an xev event, but I don't know xbindkeys enough for that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

So. I think the v400 is 800dpi by default. But im not sure. I thought lomoco could be used for more then that so i wanted to check it out. I know that the v400 doesnt have Cruise. I just wanted it for binding other keys. I haven't gotten it to work yet. I haven't read anything that helped yet so if anyone knows how to bind keys, especially tablet buttons, that would help alot.

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast