Thread: Google Chrome keeps crashing on Xubuntu 12.10

Beans

Google Chrome keeps crashing on Xubuntu 12.10

Hello Guys,

First, if this issue was previously resolved, I'm sorry, I was looking for something similar on the forum but I couldn't find it, I'm new here.

The problem is that Google Chrome keeps crashing. It beggins with some tabs crashing (the "Aww Snap crash image") and even when you reload them, they keep crashing, again and again. Only after 5 or 6 times the tab reloads correctly. It doesn't work even if I closed that tab and try to open a new one. And after a while, Chrome suddendly closes itselfs, with no previous warning whatsoever.
    I try updating the kernel, as I saw on AskUbuntu that maybe could solve it but nothing.

Can you please help me? If you need further info, tell me and I will post it.

Thanks in advance

PS: I've tried with Xubuntu 13.04 also and the same thing happens.

Beans

Re: Google Chrome keeps crashing on Xubuntu 12.10

Usual question: have you tried with a totally new profile (don't sync) and without installing any extensions?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Usual question: have you tried with a totally new profile (don't sync) and without installing any extensions?
    Hey vasa1, thanks for the reply. No I haven't but I will starting tomorrow. I will try it for a couple of days and let you know.

Regards!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    Ok, so I tried a couple of weeks, and the problem still remains. New profile without sync and without extensions. Keeps doing the exact same thing.

Any idea how to solve it?