Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you Use Chromium on Linux? Adobe Flash Will Stop Working From April

Beans

Re: Do you Use Chromium on Linux? Adobe Flash Will Stop Working From April

Quote Originally Posted by d-cosner View Post
    It was free but there was a donation button. I did not have to compile Minitube, I selected the Software Center to install the package. The version currently in the 14.04 repos is way out of date and has not worked for a long time.
    There is an up to date version in the Ubuntu Software Centre by the name "minitube-ubuntu" (rather than just 'minitube') maintained by the developer himself and it costs $4. It is free if you grab the source code from the website and compile yourself (with the button if you want to donate)

Edited: OK, just checked the USC and it is free now. It was $3.99 last I checked.. I don't understand why it says the license is proprietary as the source codes are available under gpl3. I have compiled it (2.1.5) and all the features work.
    Last edited by monkeybrain20122; January 9th, 2014 at 08:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    So with pepper flash there is basically no way to view things such as Amazon videos.
    It's interesting, since Chrome on Windows is meant to use Pepper as well. NNAPI isn't allowed in the Metro environment. Perhaps content providers like Amazon should simply stop using silly hacks to protect their content if they actually want to make it available to their customers. Given they haven't even released a video Cloud Player for Android, I'm not holding my breath.
    I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home~

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Copper Bezel View Post
    It's interesting, since Chrome on Windows is meant to use Pepper as well. NNAPI isn't allowed in the Metro environment. Perhaps content providers like Amazon should simply stop using silly hacks to protect their content if they actually want to make it available to their customers. Given they haven't even released a video Cloud Player for Android, I'm not holding my breath.
    I meant to say pepper flash on Linux.I suppose the Windows build would have drm capability enabled.

Beans

Does not bother me, been using pepper in chromium. The day flash dies cannot come to soon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

It's probably why Canonical has added easy one click install of pepperflash for Chromium in 14.04...i guess they must have heard about it before we did

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Great in principle but as the Pepper Plugin for Linux doesn't support DRM it would appear you can forget sites like Chanel 4)D and Demand 5. Also, ironically, google movies it would appear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123