Thread: Wireless WAP2 instability

Beans

Wireless WAP2 instability

Hi guys!

I am having some problems to stablish a stable connection in a Wireless network with a WAP2 Enterprise set and PEAP, but the funny part is that I don't have the same problem with my home wireless. Does anyone know any solution to that or any specific app to control the wireless of such specific set?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wireless WAP2 instability

Welcome to Ubuntu Forums !

Please open a terminal (Ctrl-Alt-T) and check -
    Code:
    sudo cat /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/"<your Enterprise Network connection name>"
    where <your Enterprise Network connection name> is the name by which the connection appears in the Network Manager's drop down list (put the name in double-quotes if it contains blank spaces).

Do you see any line that says "system-ca-certs=true"? If yes that may be the problem. You should change its value to "false". The commandline way to do so is -
    Code:
    sudo sed -i '/system-ca-cert/ s/true/false/' /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/<your Enterprise Network connection name>
    However, if you don't see a line like above, or if it doesn't help, please follow the "Wireless Script" link in my signature, download and run the script as per instructions there, and post back the report it generates.

While posting the outputs, please use 'Code' tags. It preserves the output's formatting and makes the post cleaner, compact and more readable. To see a quick 'HowTo' with screenshots, please follow the "Using Code Tags" link in my signature.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags