Thread: How do you change the LibreOffice theme (icons)

Beans

How do you change the LibreOffice theme (icons)

Well, once again, I searched the net and couldn't find an answer that made sense. To me the LibreOffice icons are just horrible. I realize this is is a completely personal taste, but to me, they are unusable. I've tried searching to figure out how to change them and can find directions on where the change is made (options/view) but I don't see any options. How do I get and load themes so they show in in the drop down list.

Simple directions please!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How do you change the LibreOffice theme (icons)

Tools > Customize > Toolbars

That should be the location of the option to change the icons. By default, I don't think it comes with more than just the default options.

If you search for packages starting with "libreoffice-style-" you can install some different themes.
    "Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them." - Albert Einstein

Beans

I have two icon styles by default: Galaxy and Human. I find them under Tools, Options, View, Icon size and style.

Re. Well, once again, I searched the net and couldn't find an answer that made sense., I found at least two links that make perfect sense to me:
    http://www.webupd8.org/2013/06/try-n...-icon-set.html
    http://andybrandt531.com/2013/02/cus...ffice-4point0/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Tools > Options > View on my Ubuntu 12.04 LibO 4.1 or 4.2 versions displays the USER INTERFACE menu. This allows you to choose the ICON theme and size. I have the choice of six ICON families. Have you tried any of those? I am using the default TANGO which suits me. Hope this helps Peter

Beans

I searched for "libreoffice-style-" in the software center and installed 3-4 additional themes. That gave me some nice ones to use. SOLVED!