Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Business Advice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Business Advice

Hi, i'm thinking of starting to teach a computer business class locally for some extra cash. If i'm charging 50 bucks or lower for the class, what do you all think should be taught for this type of class?

Also, i want to start advertising my web design skills but im not sure how. Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Business Advice

Quote Originally Posted by lilo346 View Post
    Also, i want to start advertising my web design skills but im not sure how. Any suggestions?
    You mean in addition to the web site you build demonstrating all your design skills?
    Knock knock.
    Race condition.
    Who's there?

Beans
    Distro

Yes, how are people gonna find the website without more advertising?

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi, i'm thinking of starting to teach a computer business class locally for some extra cash. If i'm charging 50 bucks or lower for the class, what do you all think should be taught for this type of class?
    How about 'computer business'?
    If you want things you've never had, you have to do things you've never done.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yes, how are people gonna find the website without more advertising?
    You create a good-looking email and then send it to everyone in your contact list. Tell them that they will receive 10% off your services if they refer someone. Send that out a few times a year, don't spam them.

Then do blog posts on your beautifully-designed website where you give little tutorials on basic computer maintenance or whatever- something that would be valuable to your customers. Do weekly posts or something periodic. Post links & teasers to the website on twitter, facebook, g+, linkedin, etc. Connect with everyone you can on all social media.

Advertise in Craig's list & local news websites.

IMO advertising only works if you commit fully to it, have a long-term plan, and do it consistently.
    Knock knock.
    Race condition.
    Who's there?

Beans
    Distro

Im doing that already lol guess that i need to be patient

Beans
    Distro

whoops that should say computer basics

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Habitual View Post
    How about 'computer business'?

That should say basics not business sorry

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by bashiergui View Post
    IMO advertising only works if you commit fully to it, have a long-term plan, and do it consistently.
    true.

and they say advertising/marketing is easy

but simple algorythm is something like:
    you need to select your target audience then select communications chanel that will deliver the message to that audience. then you create the message that is propperly encoded so it can be easilly decoded by the audience. hopefully if all is done right they will get the message and since you hit the target they will send you a feedback (come to you class, contact you...)

the promo email advise seems good to me but you have to make sure oyu hit the correct target that the classes will interest them. or at least big enough percentage of them.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by bashiergui View Post
    You create a good-looking email and then send it to everyone in your contact list. Tell them that they will receive 10% off your services if they refer someone. Send that out a few times a year, don't spam them.

Then do blog posts on your beautifully-designed website where you give little tutorials on basic computer maintenance or whatever- something that would be valuable to your customers. Do weekly posts or something periodic. Post links & teasers to the website on twitter, facebook, g+, linkedin, etc. Connect with everyone you can on all social media.

Advertise in Craig's list & local news websites.

This is one thing FB is food for
    Create a FB page as well, post the coupons on it, and invite all your friends on it, then their friends will see as well
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast