Thread: Graphics card driver for mid-2009 macbook pro

Beans

Graphics card driver for mid-2009 macbook pro

I just recently installed Ubuntu 13.04 alongside OS X on my mid-2009 MacBook pro. I am using a Nvidia GeForce 9400M graphics card, and have already switched to the proprietary, tested Nvidia graphics card driver, (the first one on the list in the software and updates application.) And although this driver seems to be doing an all-right job, I am curious if one of the other drivers might work better for my card. Unfortunately I have no idea how to figure out which one. Can someone tell me which will work best with my graphics card? Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Graphics card driver for mid-2009 macbook pro

Hi - Althought not the same, I have an iMac 2011 model and have also asked myself that question several times over a period of time. I wonder if I could get a better driver? I wonder if I could make this even better? . The problem is that each time I have tried, and I've tried a lot, my graphics experience isn't really any better. The driver that's tested and listed from the repositories would be better than most other options in my opinion. I'd say keep the existing driver if it works well and performance is good - Usually a sign that the driver is stable and efficient.

--
    Zu
    Linux for Life