Hi All,

I installed Xubuntu 12.04 on a friend's pc. He has all his music and movie files on an external NTFS drive. He successfully copied files from an external Apple formatted drive to his external drive. He was not able to copy files from his drive to the Apple drive. Both drives were connected to his Xubuntu pc. His NTFS drive now has the usual ".Trash-1000" directory which I think is something to do with Apple.

He was then having some problems playing some of the files on his external drive while connected to his Xubuntu pc. So I plugged his drive into my Ubuntu 12.04 pc. All the directories on his drive were there but they were all empty. No files and no subdirectories (I tried both in the usual File Manager and in Nautilus; same result). So I then plugged his external drive into my old spare Win Vista pc. All the directories, subdirectories and files were there and I could play them fine (movie and music files).

Strange!

I googled for this problem and didn't get any useful links. I then searched the ubuntuforums and didn't see anything relevant.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? Any important info I forgot to mention? Thanks!

Advait