Thread: Mountall Order

Beans

Question Mountall Order

Is there a way, on which one can force mountall all to follow a specific order of boot?

For exemple, i need to automatically mount /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda5, being /dev/sda1 a directory of the /home folder(later changes ) and /dev/sda5 the /home directory. So i keep getting errors because it seems that mountall trys to mount /dev/sda1 befor /dev/sda5.

In my fstab the fs's are pointed to UUID values, what makes me think that this is the cause, but i have not tested with the /dev/sdax pattern, and as i'm lazy, i'm just() asking here if this does some sort of difference...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Mountall Order

Doesn't mountall respect the order as listed in /etc/fstab? Otherwise, you could handle this with a symbolic link in your /home folder to /dev/sda1. Alternatively, a "mount bind" issued later during the startup, may also be used to have the contents of your /dev/sda1 on a directory under your /home.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Doesn't mountall respect the order as listed in /etc/fstab? Otherwise, you could handle this with a symbolic link in your /home folder to /dev/sda1. Alternatively, a "mount bind" issued later during the startup, may also be used to have the contents of your /dev/sda1 on a directory under your /home.
    If i create a symbolic link of the folder to /dev/sda1, when the /dev/sda6(i mistook for /dev/sda5 but it is sda6, but still...) is mounted, that folder is automaticallly mounted?

Maybe i should post my /etc/fstab here, for better comprehension:

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
    # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
    # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
    #
    # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
    # / was on /dev/sda5 during installation
    UUID=d44d4066-496d-4a83-bd40-d65c82c482e1 / ext4 errors=remount-ro 0 1
    # /home was on /dev/sda6 during installation
    UUID=12c25951-b1d2-439f-b480-076017340c0e /home ext4 defaults 0 2
    # swap was on /dev/sda7 during installation
    UUID=c0b4fe1e-f351-45f4-9b9b-35eac27aebd9 none swap sw 0 0
    #Videos(/dev/sda1)
    UUID=6aa0ecde-0a73-4915-bcab-e2b416d8775d /Vídeos/Seriados ext4 defaults 0 2

What happens is that in the boot it appears that /dev/sda1 could not be mounted on /Vídeos/Seriados...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Do you have a folder called /Videos?
    Shouldn't it be /home/username/Videos?
    How you have it would be in outside the home folder.
    Like /bin, or /usr.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Mountall Order

Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Oh, nevermind... replying i just figured out what's the problem... I wrote the path to the mount point of /dev/sda1 wrong... Well, i will fix and reboot and confirm if there's some problem... If the problem disappear i will mark this solved... LOL

Beans

Yeah, noob problem solved...