Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it possible to install Ubuntu in HP mini

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Is it possible to install Ubuntu in HP mini

First thing - you can't just copy the files in the recovery partition. You would need to clone the actual partition, and the app I would use for that is either Acronis or Macrium Reflect free.

Second thing. Now that you have deleted the HP_TOOLS partition, you don't need to delete the recovery partition. Now that you have only three primary partitions, you can shrink the Windows C: partition to give you enough space to create an extended partition for the Ubuntu logical partitions. Personally, I would never delete the recovery partition, even if I had made a set of recovery DVDs.

Don't forget to use the Windows Disk Management tool to shrink the C: partition, but use Gparted from Ubuntu to create the extended partition.

If you're worried about the wasted 103MB at the end of the drive where the HP_TOOLS partition used to be, I'd suggest you forget about it. It's a tiny amount to lose.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Is it possible to install Ubuntu in HP mini

Almost there!!!

I'm in the instalation procceess!
    i made some free partition space for ubuntu,
    i choose to do the standart installation, to install ubuntu along with other OS
    and as i was happy for getting through the instalation ,
    it got stuck at the "welcome!" window at the bottom of which, there is a "detecting file systems" bar...
    (apologies for my poor english...)

can anyone tell me what is the issue???
    Last edited by charitosha; January 1st, 2014 at 11:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

[SOLVED]: Is it possible to install Ubuntu in HP mini

Is it possible to install Ubuntu in HP Mini? Yes but i did upgrated my ram to 2gb. after that it's just standart proccess if you don't mess anything...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123