Thread: Disabling Automatic Teamview logged in status, on startup

Hybrid View

Beans

Exclamation Disabling Automatic Teamview logged in status, on startup

Hi All
    I noticed that as soon as my Ubuntu machine has booted I get a notification on my work machine that I've logged in, even though Teamviewer was not started. I assumed that there must be a service for this, so I installed a few service checking programs like (chkconfig, jobs-admin) , but I cound not see anything related to teamviewer. I was expecting a service name with teamSOMETHING, or viewerSOMETHING.
    Does anyone know how I could turn this off.
    Thanks

Beans

Re: Disabling Automatic Teamview logged in status, on startup

Teamviewer is not in the Ubuntu repositories. Support for non-Ubuntu software is generally done by the developer, not the Ubuntu community.
    Have you asked Teamviewer support?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Please have a look here, this user had auto login and lost admin privilege to his two accounts. He said it was after using Teamviewer, see post #7.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2193917
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Hi bapoumba, I think I did not explain well enough. Teamviewer isn't logging in as a user into Ubuntu. What it does is register on the internet that I have switched my Ubuntu pc on. So I was assuming that a service is being started that is sending this info. I would like to switch that off, until I actually open teamviewer.
    Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hello Camy, you did explain well, and I did understand. I probably was not clear
    I pointed you at the thread because the user had much troubles after running teamviewer, so I just wanted to warn you and give you the opportunity to have it handy in case things also went wrong on your side.

After some research, here are a couple links that may help you investigate :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2092298 > post #2 has some daemon commands
    http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/...ns-ubuntu1310/ > show hidden startup applications (not tested).

Cheers!
    b.
    J'aime les fraises.

| Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

No I haven't Ian, because I thought it was something easy like just disabling the service. I'll ask there.
    Thanks

Beans

bapoumba great thanks. Had a look at the threads you recommended but the daemon commands return an error. Don't know if it's to do with the teamviewer version I am using ie version 6. It seems to work through wine.
    I did find the startup applications link very helpful as I managed to get rid of a lot of services that I was not using via this link.
    I'll try and ask teamviewer about it, when I get some extra time.
    Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Camy View Post
    bapoumba great thanks. Had a look at the threads you recommended but the daemon commands return an error. Don't know if it's to do with the teamviewer version I am using ie version 6. It seems to work through wine.
    Probably. I was not quite sure it would work. There are other posts in the thread, but not having teamviewer, I cannot troubleshoot. I should add that I run on macs at work, and tried it there some time ago. It was not working very well from my perspective, lots of logouts and hang ups. May be I should try a newer version, but we use either a commercial standalone app now or a plugin in our moodle site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camy View Post
    [URL="http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=171805"] I did find the startup applications link very helpful as I managed to get rid of a lot of services that I was not using via this link.
    I'll try and ask teamviewer about it, when I get some extra time.
    Thanks
    You are most welcome
    J'aime les fraises.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]