Thread: Commodore 64 emualtor - how to get a "joystick" to work - ?

Beans

Commodore 64 emualtor - how to get a "joystick" to work - ?

Thanks to user kostkon for helping me to get the c64 emualtor to work: at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2194835

The load time for the emulator reminds me of the original computer - takes patience to wait on games to load in and start ! Do others experience this?

Back to my question though: How does one get the digital gampepads to work with this emulator? I'm using the Gravis Gamepad Pro, which is a digital gamepad & recognized by most emulators; however, c64 emulator seems to have options for an analog joystick.

Beans

Re: Commodore 64 emualtor - how to get a "joystick" to work - ?

I set the joystick to analog joystick 0 and it is working. Well, about half the games it works with - I don't know if that's because VICE only runs about half the games or if it's a joystick error - all games appear on screen but only about half can I get the joystick to work - I wonder if that's the normal experience with this emulator.

Perhaps there is a newer version of vice system rom than what I'm using - I'm using "vice-1.5-roms.tar.gz"

Also, how do I get fullscreen to work.

Thanks
    Last edited by michael-piziak; November 19th, 2014 at 05:47 PM.

Beans

Re: Commodore 64 emualtor - how to get a "joystick" to work - ?

Concerning full screen. I have discovered, from the interent, that one can go to "settings" at top, then select "vic settings" and select "double size" which makes the screen much larger than the tiny screen. It's not full screen, but it is much much better !