Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gnome-mag please read before installing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: gnome-mag please read before installing

Oh, no. It wasn't your guide at all. I explained the situation in the e-mail I just sent to you. Your guide was excellent. Even before coming to Ubuntu (when we had to use Fedora Core 2 at the college I attend) I was looking for a guide like that but never could find one. So please do not feel in any way that it was your instructions as they were very well put.
    Proud visually impaired user of Ubuntu.
    Member of the Ubuntu Accessibility Team
    Registered Linux User #423082

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: gnome-mag please read before installing

Quote Originally Posted by RKCole View Post
    Oh, no. It wasn't your guide at all. I explained the situation in the e-mail I just sent to you. Your guide was excellent. Even before coming to Ubuntu (when we had to use Fedora Core 2 at the college I attend) I was looking for a guide like that but never could find one. So please do not feel in any way that it was your instructions as they were very well put.
    Thanks RKCole! You foind a big bug in the documentation. I forgot not to assume everyone would have "Default Screen" as their identifier. Here is the updated piece

Find the section “ServerLayout'
    1. Modify the screen line to read 'Screen "YOUR_REAL_MONITOR_NAME" 0 0', Where YOUR_REAL_MONITOR NAME=Identifier found in the original "Monitor" Section. Ususally this is "Default Screen"
    2. Create another screen line which reads 'Screen "ScreenD" RightOf "YOUR_REAL_MONITOR_NAME" '
    3. NOTE: the code below was for My Monitor's Identifier which read "Default Screen"

Screen “Default Screen” 0 0
    Screen "ScreenD" RightOf "Default Screen"

Thanks for catching this! Hope it works now.
    Proud low vision user of Ubuntu
    ~Jason Grieves (Ubuntu Accessibility Team)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12