Thread: Can't play audio via bluetooth

Beans
    Hidden!

Can't play audio via bluetooth

Hi,

This is going to sound like complete idiocy to any experienced user, but I can't manag to play music from my laptop to my bluetooth audio receiver (I'm using Kubuntu precise).

The receiver works fine with my Android phone, as well as under Windows7, so I know it's not an issue with my laptop's bluetooth. In fact, in manages to connect to the device,
    which is recognized as a bluetooth headset service, but am unable to use it to output audio. In Kmix, under Select Master Channel, it's not listed under playback devices, nor in Phonon, where it doesn't show up either under the Device preference tab or in the Audio Hardware Setup section.

I've already googled the problem and and tried every possible workaround I've found, to no avail.

Does anyone have any clues of what I could try? From what I've read, this issue isn't present in gnome distros, but appears to be a kde/phonon related problem.

Thanks in advance for any light shed upon the subject!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Can't play audio via bluetooth

Found a solution! http://www.tooleweb.ca/blog/?e=8&web...ditor.#message

Wow! I'd been trying to get this thing to work for months and was just about to give up!