Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: From Xubuntu to Ubuntu testing

I've been reading this topic from the beginning, and enjoyed your input. Thanks for the last link. From earlier on 14.04 Xubuntu appeared similar to previous updates. I haven't been reading Xubuntu or XFCE blogs until now. The Whisker Menu was a surprise. In fact I thought I needed to tweak it to get back my "normal" menu.

I do read the changes Archives from time to time, but never paid much attention to the obvious. That link revealed my lack of attention: "
    • The panel layout is updated, and now uses Whiskermenu as the default menu"

Since I have an older, aka nvidia 6150 graphics, and nouveau doesn't cut if any more, Xubuntu with nvidia drivers works the best. Ubuntu is not near as smooth as Xubuntu, so I'll be sticking with Xubuntu and keeping up on that blog.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    I lied.

For anyone that was following this thread, with a similar rendering issue, I downloaded yesterday's daily of Xubuntu 14.04, and the odd looking borders are finally gone (an ongoing problem since 13.04).
    Thanks for letting us know your odd borders were no more

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    Thanks for letting us know your odd borders were no more
    I just ran Xubuntu 14.04 through it's paces. It's a thing of beauty, and definitely a keeper. Congrats to you, and all involved in this dev cycle.
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; April 17th, 2014 at 03:55 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234