Thread: Bumblebee on Samsung Chronos 7 and ubuntu 3.10 with non stop fans

Beans

Bumblebee on Samsung Chronos 7 and ubuntu 3.10 with non stop fans

I have a Samsung Chronos 7 with a nvidia optimus video card and despite a had read a ton of sites and tutorials I was never able to have my laptop working appropeately. I could never have power save and hardware potential (when needed) like I had on Windows and for a time I gived up linux . These days I missed ubuntu and I was very pleased when I read that bumblebee was officialy supported by ubuntu 3.10. So I have decided to give to ubuntu a new chance. I made a brand new instalation, updated the system and executed this command:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install bumblebee bumblebee-nvidia primus  linux-headers-generic
    Nothing more, nothing less.. After reboot the system I kept listening the fans (not using the discrete card yet) I with Psensor I can see the internal temperature reaching 74C only with firefox open. Some foruns says that the original drivers would be enough to deal with this, but it's not working for me.
    Any one have any idea what should I do next?
    Last edited by QIII; December 10th, 2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: table formatting removed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Bumblebee on Samsung Chronos 7 and ubuntu 3.10 with non stop fans

Moved to Hardware
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors