Thread: Change of Username

Hybrid View

Beans

Change of Username

Hello,
    I would like my username to be my ubuntu one name, not my name from the e-mail.

Thank you very much

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Change of Username

The system only uses the local part of the email if you untick the Full Name box on the Ubuntu One Personal Data Request page so as not to share that information. From the SSO login sticky linked from the prelogin notice:

When you first login to Ubuntuforums with your Ubuntu One account, a forum account will be created for you with a username based on the Ubuntu One username (where your Ubuntu One account is an older one with a username field), or if this is a newer account with no username field, your Ubuntu One Full Name. If you untick the Full name box so as not to share it, the system will use all or part of the local part of your email address (the part before the @) to generate your forum username.
    I have renamed your forum account to your Ubuntu One account name.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Re: Change of Username

Thank you very much.