Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evernote alternative for Ubuntu? Preferably open source?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Evernote alternative for Ubuntu? Preferably open source?

Quote Originally Posted by gregory12 View Post
    how does that help me? get your own thread?
    Here's my take:

1. No adequate Linux Evernote client exists.
    2. Evernote has made it clear they do not intend to create a Linux client.
    3. The Evernote API is out there so an adequate Linux client, in theory, could be created. I expect the odds of that happening are directly proportional to Evernote use by Linux developers.
    4. Therefore, an ad hoc DIY approach leveraging existing tools to meet specific needs is the best alternative.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by gregory12 View Post
    how does that help me? get your own thread?
    This is a non-support area so whoever is free to add whatever, whenever (as long as it vaguely pertains to the topic). This is a discussion area. If you want help with a support request, post in a support area. Just about everything you are going to get regarding 'Open source Evernote Alternative' you have got, and some time ago, in any case. I suggest you run Evernote in Wine if that is possible, or dual-boot/VM Ubuntu with Windows, as no alternative offered has been to your satisfaction.

Repeat: This sub-forum is located here:

The Ubuntu Forum Community>

Ubuntu Community Discussions> The water cooler of UbuntuForums, a place to discuss pretty much anything (within reason).

Ubuntu, Linux and OS
    Chat> This is the place for chat and discussion about any aspect of Ubuntu, Linux or any operating system and its software. Technical support requests should be posted in an appropriate support sub-forum ... As with the Cafe, this area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments. Please take those elsewhere. Thanks!
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; December 12th, 2013 at 04:26 AM.

Beans

ok thank you all for the info

Beans

If you want to use evernote on Ubuntu, then Nixnote (Formerly Nevernote) is the best alternative. However, if you just want a note taking software for Ubuntu, there are some good ones like Tomboy, RedNotebook and Zim Desktop Wiki. I generally use Tomboy but there is also a lighter version of Tomboy called Gnote.

Btw, I maintain a website for open source alternatives to popular software. You can check the alternatives for Evernote here:
    http://www.opensourcealternative.org...e-to-evernote/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thread closed.

Quote Originally Posted by saurabh5647 View Post
    If you want to use evernote on Ubuntu, then Nixnote (Formerly Nevernote) is the best alternative. However, if you just want a note taking software for Ubuntu, there are some good ones like Tomboy, RedNotebook and Zim Desktop Wiki. I generally use Tomboy but there is also a lighter version of Tomboy called Gnote.

Btw, I maintain a website for open source alternatives to popular software. You can check the alternatives for Evernote here:
    http://www.opensourcealternative.org...e-to-evernote/
    Thanks for sharing. This thread hasn't seen any action for months and most of what you've shared is previously covered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12