SuperTuxKart 0.8.1 released for PowerPC Linux
We are proud to announce the release of SuperTuxKart version 0.8.1 for PPC Linux.
This release includes the following features:
* New track 'STK Enterprise'
* Updated tracks 'Old Mine', 'Around the Lighthouse' and 'Zen Garden'
* New modes 'Soccer' and 'Egg Hunt'
* New karts 'Xue' and 'Sara'
* Updated 'Beastie' kart
* Added tutorial
* Added new 'SuperTux' difficulty
* New bubblegum shield defensive weapon
* New combined speedometer and nitro meter
* Added ability to filter add-ons
* Updated nitro models
* Added ability to save and resume Grand Prix
* Improved skid marks and particle effects
It has taken us a rather long time for a minor release, but most of the developers have been rather busy with mentoring students for the “Google Summer of Code 2013”. On the other hand, we had many contributions from new developers: Dawid Gan tirelessly fixed bugs, making 0.8.1 the minor release with most bug fixes. Johannesr1 added shield functionality to bubblegum. Xenux added filtering of add-ons, Glenn De Jonghe saving of a Grand Prix (just abort a Grand Prix at the beginning of a race, later then restart the same Grand Prix again). Funto and Mohammad Al-Ghannam added a multi-player soccer mode.
- Apple Power Mac G5 (Early 2005) with NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL (256 MB AGP 8x) or Radeon X850 XT (256 MB AGP 8x)
- Apple Power Mac G5 (Late 2005) with GeForce 6600 (256 MB PCIe x16), GeForce 7800 GT (256 MB PCIe x16), Quadro FX 4500 (512 MB PCIe x16)
- A-EON AmigaOne X1000 with AMD Radeon HD 4000, 5000, or 6000 Series (PCIe x16)
- YDL PowerStation with ATI X1650 PRO (512 MB PCIe x16)
Ubuntu 12.04 PPC with Gallium 0.4 or higher
SuperTuxKart 0.8.1 official video: http://youtu.be/WutAN4i98_o
SuperTuxKart 0.8.1 official poster: OfficialPoster_081.jpg
We hope you enjoy the new release, and as always we welcome new artists and programmers to join us, either through our forum or our mailing list. Also, you can follow us at Twitter @supertuxkart.
STK Development Team
Last edited by xeno74; November 27th, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Re: SuperTuxKart 0.8.1 released for PowerPC Linux
I've released a bug fix version of the static Linux AltiVec package. The reason was that the bluetooth lib has a dependency to glibc 2.15. Therefore, it doesn't run on Debian 7 and MintPPC 11. I've compilied the static version of the bluetooth lib into the STK binary. And now it runs on Debian 7 and MintPPC 11 with glibc 2.13.
Additional I have released a version for older Linux systems with glibc 2.11.1 or higher without AltiVec optimization. This version runs also on the Cyrus boards in the future.
All the best,
Tags for this Thread