Thread: U1 syncing only in Ubuntu, not Xubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

U1 syncing only in Ubuntu, not Xubuntu

A few days ago I realized Ubuntu One was no longer syncing. I found a few relevant threads on the Forum to research later. Today I needed to log in to Ubuntu for a brief moment and was surprised that a notification popped up telling me 4 new files were being synced in Ubuntu One. This was automatic simply by virtue of having logged in to the Unity desktop. That puzzled me. Most of the time I log in to a Xubuntu session, where I initially had no problems with U1. Is there any reason it should stop syncing in Xubuntu (Xfce 4.10) but automatically sync in Ubuntu?
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: U1 syncing only in Ubuntu, not Xubuntu

I can't think of any reason why it should behave differently in Unity and Xfce UNLESS the two sessions keep their U1 settings in different places. You could try checking the U1 setting in each session and see if they're different. If so, then set the Xfce one to sync automatically.
    Please, people, remember to BACKUP before you install that new system. Same if you're upgrading.

Ubuntu membership via Forums contributions

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: U1 syncing only in Ubuntu, not Xubuntu

Irihapeti, thanks. I will see what I can find. It's odd because I set up U1 from Xfce.
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers