Pink Screen after upgrade - how to solve?
Hi. Just made some updates to my system. Specifically:
- Upgrade MythTV from .26 to .27
- Upgrade Ubuntu / Mythbuntu distro from 12.04 to 13.04
This was yesterday. As info, cable comes into a HDHR then to the computer. Signal is run from the computer via HDMI to the receiver. HDMI again from the receiver to the TV.
Twice now (100% of the time), after turning on the receiver and the TV, the screen in "pink". Not solid pink mind you, but rather as if you were looking thru a pink screen at the tv. It's viewable from a functional standpoint but unacceptable for tv viewing.
Restarting the computer fixes the problem; Logging out and back in (without a full reboot) does not correct the issue.
Video card is on-board ATI 3200. I am using native drivers.
Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to fix it? I didn't see any related threads.
Re: Pink Screen after upgrade - how to solve?
As an update:
Describing the screen color as "pink" was over-simplistic. To be more specific, white items appear pinkish (so white letters are now pink). The rest of the screen can be more accurately characterized as greenish.
Doing some sleuthing:
- Restarting the mythbox sets the video colors to normal
- Logging out / in has not effect
- Unplugging / replugging HDMI cable to TV has no effect
- Cycling power on receiver has no effect
- Cycling power on TV immediately impacts the color (from good to bad, specifically). So... aha!...hmmmm...
- Unplugging / replugging HDMI cable to mythbox fixes the problem
So now I have some isolation, but still not sure what the culprit is. My assumption is the operating system tweaked something since this is a new issue on an otherwise mostly steady 4yr-old system and the timing is 100% simultaneous with the upgrade.
Can anyone replicate or speak to something similar?