Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linux Mint 15 Freezes

Beans

Re: Linux Mint 15 Freezes

In addition reboots after a few seconds

Beans

It loops the sound and freezes too happens every few days tried with xubuntu and lubuntu too and to no success

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Still unclear on what DE you are actually running and how you can continue to use that unnamed audio app after "everything" freezes.

References to XFCE and Cinnamon in that text snippet indicate that components of both are trying to launch. Were XFCE and Cinnamon previously installed?

Are the freezing and the looping (which you haven't explained but I gather is that unnamed app playing the a bit of audio repetitively) happening together? If so, what happens first?

If the same behavior occurs on clean, separate, installs of Mint, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, etc. (meaning you have burned the iso's and installed each cleanly, rather than installing the respective packages on a single install) then something that is common to all must be triggering the behavior. What they all have in common is the Ubuntu base and the hardware they run on. You might look to see if anything is running too hot.

If you are using a proprietary video driver on a machine that supports Intel video or a FOSS driver, you might switch away from the proprietary driver to see its impact.

You don't mention the hardware in use, or the version of Mint that you are using, or what DE you are using, or which video drivers are in use. So, we're left to make guesses.

Beans

yes there happening togethor and th audio stops first
    I have using the amd driver.
    I addition it's a i5 2500k with an asu motherboard and intel 520 ssd with a 7770 amd graphics card.
    I am using xfce

Beans

Also it's Linux mint 15 .

Beans

http://pastebin.com/N75EMN7p
    here is my .xsession-error file anything else or can you help me now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Did you install the Cinnamon screensaver or does Mint use that on its XFCE release?

Again, I'd temporarily switch away from the proprietary AMD driver to determine if that's the source of the problem.

I remember seeing reports of Pulseaudio being blamed for lockups. Given the potential connection with audio, that would be worth exploring.

The forums at linuxmint.com are also available. You're more likely to find someone experiencing the same problem on Mint 15 XFCE there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12