Thread: Why cant I login to my old account?

Beans

Exclamation Why cant I login to my old account?

After the accident which happened at UbuntuForums in July, and when the login method was changed, I'm not able to gain access to my old UbuntuForums account.

Here's link to profile: http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1549544

Please help me regaining access to this, I did many posts with this account and I do not want to loose it.

Thanks and Regards

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Why cant I login to my old account?

Thread moved to Resolution Centre.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.
    Please use CODE tags.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

You used an outlook email as preferred in Ubuntu One. This didn't match the gmail in the old account - hence the new account. All explained in the prelogin notice and linked sticky.

Set the gmail as preferred in your Ubuntu One account and then post again to confirm that you have done so. After which I or another admin will disassociate this account from Ubuntu One and you'll be able to log into the old account. Please note that there is a period (full-stop) in the local part of your gmail address. Gmail ignores this but you need to get it exactly the same as in the old forum account. The system does a simple string match of email addresses to link Ubuntu One accounts with forum accounts.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

@coffeecat Apologies for replying to this thread so late.

I have set my preferred email address in Ubuntu One account as my gmail address (with full-stop). (Attached image as confirmation)
    Now I request you (or other admins) to do the rest. Or tell me if I have to do something else now. Thanks.

Sorry again for bothering so late.

Image link: <snip>
    Last edited by coffeecat; June 6th, 2014 at 09:03 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

No problem. That looks just fine.

I've disassociated this account from Ubuntu One, so if you now log out of the forum and in again, you should log into the original satyamM account.

As soon as I've posted I'll remove the link to the image from your post. Although it is unlikely that spammers will harvest an email address from a linked image, it would be better to remove it from public view here for your security and confidentiality. The admins will still be able to view the link.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

For the record:

I see that you've successfully logged in as satyamM. You won't be able to post to this thread from the satyamM account. I've disabled the satyam.m account.