Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It takes many steps to log in

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: It takes many steps to log in

Before I did a fresh Trusty install, I had to login twice, although it was only 2 clicks each time, and not as long winded as the op, but I'd suggest it is a problem with the Firefox user profile. I'd suggest trying to create a new profile, to see if the problem still exists.

Check out this page about Firefox's profile manager.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    I've moved this into Forum Feedback and Help because this isn't a problem with your forum account and others might be able to help you if there is a browser setting that is causing you more steps than is necessary. ..
    Thanks and sorry coffeecat
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Could you guys please extend the timeout to longer than 48-72 hours or whatever it's set to? It gets old having to log in here every other day, especially with the long-winded process that's in place. Before anyone tells me it's my browser, it does this on Firefox and Chrome, on Linux and Windows....it's the timeout in the cookie. Please make it something far longer than what it is. How about 30 days like Wikipedia?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    There will be more to do if your browser is not remembering your Ubuntu One login credentials
    Like anyone sensible on the net, my Firefox browser is set to forget everything whenever I close the browser.
    I am on quite a lot of forums, and logging in is usually a single-step affair (you open the forum page, type your login & password, and hit "Login").
    But, only here is it a multi-step affair, where the steps are seemingly redundant and unnecessarily repetitive.

EDIT:
    Of course, it's not a big deal to have to undergo a half-dozen clicks to simply log into a forum, but, it does make me say bad things under my breath about the forum design team, every time I have to do so.
    If I only knew whom to curse, I'd feel better...
    Last edited by Jim_Granite; November 23rd, 2013 at 07:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12