Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vaio Fit Multi-Flip

Beans

Re: Sony Vaio Fit Multi-Flip

Just found a fix for multi touch for the touchpad using this bug report which works for a yoga (and also my vaio flip 13)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1166442 comment #137

sudo dkms ldtarball psmouse-elantech-x551c.tar.gz
    sudo dkms install -m psmouse -v elantech-x551c
    sudo rmmod psmouse
    sudo modprobe psmouse

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...h-x551c.tar.gz

still looking for auto rotate or at least rotate with keyboard/touchscreen working, if found I will definitely get rid of this W8 c**** hope somebody will find a fix to this as this all why the vaio flip is such a good device

hope it helps
    Last edited by mizou2; June 23rd, 2014 at 11:08 PM.

Beans

Hi again Vaio friends

After some research I found a quite nice workaround to get the screen rotation with the touchscreen rotating as well! using a script (each execution does a 90° turn of screen+touchscreen )

based on this script:
    https://gist.github.com/rubo77/daa26...-screen-sh-L73

You need to change those parameters to match the vaio flip inputs as this script was made for yoga laptops at first:

TouchscreenDevice='ELAN Touchscreen'
    TouchpadDevice='SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad'

to:

TouchscreenDevice='N-trig DuoSense'
    TouchpadDevice='ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad'

make the script runable (chmod u+x) then run it with no argument on a terminal:

# ./script.sh

there you go, 90° turn with touchscreen every time you run it!

So now you have a functional touchpad and the possibility to use the rotation via a command!

Beans

Thanks a lot Mizou2, this is really great, works fine. In my case I am using Ubuntu 14.04 with my Vaio fit 13, the only issues is that I had to put this in a script to run as root in the init.d, becouse otherwise when I reboot the module is not loaded.
    In the case of the screen rotation sometimes it appears black and I have to try it several times

Quote Originally Posted by mizou2 View Post
    Just found a fix for multi touch for the touchpad using this bug report which works for a yoga (and also my vaio flip 13)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/1166442 comment #137

sudo dkms ldtarball psmouse-elantech-x551c.tar.gz
    sudo dkms install -m psmouse -v elantech-x551c
    sudo rmmod psmouse
    sudo modprobe psmouse

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...h-x551c.tar.gz

still looking for auto rotate or at least rotate with keyboard/touchscreen working, if found I will definitely get rid of this W8 c**** hope somebody will find a fix to this as this all why the vaio flip is such a good device

hope it helps

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Sony Vaio Fit Multi-Flip

Thanks a lot! That and upgrading the kernel to 3.15 from http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa.../v3.15-utopic/ made it possible to finally ditch Windows 8!

Beans

some one can help me?
    i'm facing a lot of issue installing Ubuntu or Mint into Vaio Multi Flip 11A (Bay-trail based)
    sometime it boots with ACPI, otherwise i need to put "acpi=off" to get it boot

it's driving me crazy.. i've also recompiled the ACPI table but thisn't seem to fix the issues

Beans

What is the message you're getting when trying to boot?

I didn't ge this kind of issue nor needed to play with acpi settings.

Only issue I still face sometimes is when hardware doesn't seem to realise that fans need to be turn on and so the laptop is shutting down after a while because of the heat. I was facing the same issue with Windows8 which makes me think that it's more a bios/hardware issue.

Beans

In case it helps anyone with this laptop get up and going, I've written a guide which draws in part from suggestions on this thread. The guide is for LMDE but should apply to Ubuntu as well, provided you have build-essential installed for the stage where you build a kernel module for the touchpad!

There's a lot of stuff there that isn't here, too; I tore-down the little router that comes with some variants of this laptop, for example, so there are some further hardware details available on its innards, now. Looking forward to being able to hack the little router too, someday.

Thanks to all the people on this thread who offered great suggestions.

Beans

Thanks for the tip on the configuration about touchegg, works like a charm even though I just tested it for a couple minutes. Keeping it as a simple terminal command for the moment as I'm not using so often the "tablette mod" plus terminator is always near by

Thanks a mil'!

Beans

Sony Vaio Fit 15A, kernel 3.16.7-200.fc20 (latest version from Fedora 20 updates).
    Modules hid_sensor_iio_common and his_sensor_hub seems to have support for STMicroelectronics sensor chip.
    There are special modules for lsm330dlc chip - st_accel_i2c, st_magn_i2c, st_gyro_i2c and st_sensors_i2c, but these modules are not loaded on my system.

There are 6 devices in /sys/bus/iio/devices - iio:device[0-5]
    Sensor names (/sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device[0-5]/name) are:
    accel_3d
    als (light sensor)
    magn_3d
    gyro_3d
    incli_3d (inclinometer ?)
    dev_rotation

Nodes are available at /dev/iio:device[0-5]

Raw values can be read from /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device[0-5]/in_*_raw files.
    I've tested accel_3d and asl devices, both provides reasonable raw data, but some calibration will be required for futher usage.

Downsize is that sensors seems to be whithin "keyboard" part of laptop and cann't be used to detect presentation and tablet mode.
    Additional observation here - I've disabled all sensors devices (usb bus) in windows device manager, but vesmgr service was still able to detect screen flip and switch to and from presentation mode.
    No other screen rotation was working until I've re-enabled the sensor devices.
    I suspect that flip events are acpi events (like it is for Thinkpad Yoga and HP Elitebook Revolve).

Update: screen flip was not defected by vesmgr after I've disabled the ACPI\SNY5001 device driver in windows (Sony Firmware Extension Parser).
    sony_laptop kernel module is responsible for this device, but my version seems to be unaware about screen flipping events.
    Module is located in drivers/platform/x86 in 3.16 vanilla kernel source.
    Last edited by jmz_52; November 7th, 2014 at 11:54 AM.

Beans

I've managed to get flip events delivered to sony-laptop driver on my Vaio Fit 15A.
    Stable patch should be ready in about a week, but I cannot test it myself on any other model.

I would appreciate any ACPI and DMI data (output of "acpidump" and "dmidecode -t bios -t system") you can send me for other models.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast